Hi there and welcome :) So this recipe is not anything new or special that I invented, it’s a largely used recipe from where I come from. But I want to share it with you, cause it’s very cheap & yummy and otherwise you wouldn’t know to search for it, I’m sure it wouldn’t come up in “cheap sweets” if you did a google or pinterest search.
250-300g of curd or ricotta
3 tbsp of sugar (depends on your preference)
Around 7 tbsp of flour (depends on the size on your eggs)
1 tsp of baking powder
just a pinch of salt
Optional: lemon zest or juice
Oil for cooking
- Beat the eggs with sugar
- Mix in the curd/ricotta, then salt and baking powder
- Start mixing in the flour, until it’s a nice thick consistency
- Heat up the oil (use an oil that doesn’t have a strong taste). To test the oil put in a tiny piece of dough and if it starts to form little bubbles right away then it’s ready
- To form the balls, use two spoons. Take some dough on one spoon and scrape it into the oil with another one. You can definitely do a better job than me, cause I just don’t care as long as it tastes good :P
- Prepare a plate with some paper towels to absorb the oil and remove the balls wih a slotted spoon/skimmer spoon.
- Sprinkle on some powdered sugar before serving and there you go
Enjoy your creation – bon apetit! As always I hope this post was useful and definitely let me know if you try these out :) Until next time lovely people.